How to Be an Influencer: Overcoming Obstacles to Buy-In.
1. Change & improvements
2. Your point of view to be considered
3. Your idea/plan to be implemented
1. Not everybody will see the opportunity, problem, solution the same as you.
2. Flexibly to see “it” from different points of views and experiences is required.
3. Sell less, listen more.
4. Learn to adapt your points to “their” and “our” points.
1. Research their topic(s)
3. Craft articulate messages with both facts and feelings
4. Get to know their audience
5. Explore all angles
6. Stay focused
7. Explore other points of views and use new information to modify and improve their messages
8. WIN! – because their interest is not to control but to empower people with information
Tips for Getting Started: The difference between an idea being approved for implementation or discarded forever may only be the difference of one person who would not buy-in. Ask yourself, “Who” is the obstacle? Take time to get to know that person by doing the following:
As you understand what motivates a person and how they make decisions; craft your message to suit their interests, timing and experiences. Example: If they make quick decisions and are driven by facts; be prepared with your data and be quick to respond to all requests for more information.