Successful Social Media Mindset

Six Questions to Ask Yourself BEFORE You Travel the Social Media Road:

The Dale Carnegie institution conducted investigations that found only 15% of person’s financial success is based on their knowledge and/or technical skills. The remaining 85% is based on human engineering – the ability to create and build relationships.

The biggest mistake I see people make in the social media landscape is too much concentration on the tool and not enough on the relationship. Listen up, A HAMMER does not build a house by itself. Someone has to know how use the hammer properly to get the job done.

In social media, you need to have the right mindset in order to be successful using the tools. Here are six questions to ask yourself to determine if you have the right mindset. If you answer yes to all, you have a head start on becoming a social media maven. If you answered no to any of the questions, let me know why in the comment section and I will guide you on how you can turn that no into a yes.

  1. Do you believe relationships matter?
  2. Have you set social media relationships goals?  (Do you know what types of relationships you want to build using social media tools?)
  3. Have you created a targeted list of people you want to connect to you using social media?
  4. Can you give real reasons why someone wants to connect and/or know about you or your business?
  5. Do you know how others perceive your communication style?
  6. Do you always practice the golden rule (do on to others as you would want done on to you) and know how to continue practicing this online?